Fond du Lac firefighters rescued one person from a second story apartment unit following a fire in a dryer Tuesday afternoon. Firefighters were called to 270 Grand Court for a report of a fire in the 16 unit apartment building, and quickly removed the dryer from the building and extinguished the fire. Firefighters rescued one person who was unable to get out on his own and evacuated the building. After the building was ventilated all of the tenants were allowed to return. There were no injuries. The cause of the fire was due to overloading the dryer with wet clothes.