3-16-15 mattress fire

Nobody was injured a fire that caused minor damage to a Fond du Lac apartment over the weekend.  Shortly before noon Saturday firefighters were called to a report of a smoke filled basement at 131 East Second Street.  Upon arrival fire crews found smoke coming from a first floor apartment with the occupant still inside.  Fire crews evacuated the occupant along with the remaining apartments and found a mattress on fire in a first floor apartment.   Crews extinguished the fire and removed the burned bedding along with removing the smoke from the building.  The occupant was evaluated by EMS at  the scene and released.  The fire was contained to bedding in the first floor apartment and there was no structural damage to the building.  The cause of the fire was determined to be careless use of smoking materials.  The Fond du Lac Police Department assisted with the investigation and traffic control.

Share this Posts

Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email
Loading...

CLICK ON THE LOGO TO LISTEN LIVE